Welcome to our Frequently Asked Questions Page. Here are some answers to some great questions we’ve been getting from our customers. If you have further questions don’t hesitate to contact us anytime!
1. Where are you located? We are based out of Kerrobert, SK, Canada and are a local Saskatchewan family owned and operated manufacturing fishing jig & lure business.
2. Do you have a store front? No. We are an e-commerce online business and many of our custom lures are make to order, if they are not in stock. Although, you can always ask if we can make them up for you and we do offer pick up for locals please get in touch with us for this option!
3. How do I pay? We accept a variety of payment methods including etransfer (only by request) PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay and most Credit Cards. If you’d prefer to message us or order over the phone, we can do that as well.
4. Can I pick up my order? If you are local to the Kerrobert Area you are welcome to pick up your order. Please contact us for this option but please be advised we do not keep stock on hand as we are not a storefront. We will happily ship to anywhere in Canada, the US or Overseas.
5. How much is your shipping? All of our shipping is now tracked with Canada Post. We do our best to keep our shipping rates low but these are the rates set out by Canada Post for tracked shipping. Our standard shipping rate is around $16.99 CAD for regular sized orders. Shipping times vary Canada Post suggests approximately 5-7 Business Days in Canada (excluding weekends) and 7-14 Business Days in the US for tracked parcel shipping depending on where you are located.
6. Do you offer exchanges or Refunds? Yes we offer exchanges please see our shipping & returns policy for more information.
6. How do I contact HCL?
Phone: 1-306-481-6944 or 1-306-480-7373
Facebook or Instagram messenger
Email: email@example.com or
Instant message us on our website
7. How do I make my lures glow? Typically we suggest using a UV Flashlight to charge the glow on our jigs and we currently sell HCL UV Flashlights on our website here 👉https://highcaliberlures.ca/collections/hcl-gear/products/hcl-uv-flashlight
8. What is your turn around time on orders? We are currently experiencing unprecedented order volumes, therefore it will be 5-9 days before most orders ship.
9. What fish do your jigs & lures target? We are mainly Canada’s Premiere Walleye Jig and Lure company. That being said, we are told that our jigs and lures especially our Pro Series Wonderglow 2.0 jigs catches Pike, Bass, Burbot, Whitefish, Perch, & Trout. We offer 5, 7, 8, 9 & 10 mm uv glow tungsten for panfish & walleye. Shockwave Rattle Baits & Nitros are ideal for pike, walleye, musky & lake trout. Our Laker Chaser Tube Jigs in 1, 1.5 & 2 oz & Swim Bait Barracudas and 1-2 oz Lake Trout Jigs are great for larger Predators such as Lake Trout or Pike. If you are unsure of which lure to use to target a specific fish. Shoot us a message anytime we can help you out as we are experts in our area. Plus we are ALWAYS Open!
8. What’s the Difference between Teardrops & Ultra Minnows?
The Original Wonderglow 1oz Teardrop Jig
Turtle Lake Special Ultra Minnow
9. When is a good time to use Short Strike jigs vs. Walleye Stomper jigs?
We offer 5 different jig styles and many different weights on our website, it can be hard to decide which ones are best for different types of fishing situations.
Teardrops are shaped like a Teardrop & glide through the current with ease. They will accommodate any bait option from live to plastic, due to the bait keeper that secures it firmly in place, without it your bait is more likely to fall off.
Ultra Minnows are excellent for a lifelike presentation as they are shaped like Minnows, which is only made better when coupling it with any bait option.
Walleye Stomper jigs are triangular shaped with a flat bottom. These stand up jigs keep the hook up off the bottom. They are great because they present the bait in an upright fashion allowing for a finicky walleye to grab it more easily. Plus they have the added flash of a flicker blade.
Our newest Omega Jigs are also ideal for walleye, pike & lakers as they are a round head jig with a lil nasty sticky sharp sickle hook & a bait keeper which is essential for holding your bait on the hook & ensuring it doesn’t fall off it. Its round profile & upgraded 3D eyes make it a very attractive snack for many types of fish but particularly walleye. Its sleek profile & glossy finish are what that make this great style A Jig Above the Rest!
Short Strike jigs are a short shank option that is used mainly for open water fishing. They are great to use with leeches & when walleye are short-striking as the hooks are short & it allows them to swallow the entire bait at once improving your chance of hookups!
We are here to help! If you have any questions about our products or jig styles please feel free to contact us. We want to provide choice & versatility to allow our HCL Anglers to be prepared for any fishing situation that may come up.